ExcelPlas provides laboratory tests on protective coatings to predict and prevent premature coating failure.
ExcelPlas is accredited in accordance with ISO 17025 in some of the laboratory based coating related tests.
ExcelPlas can undertake the following types of testing and analysis on coating:
* Precoating surface inspection – blast profile measurements using Testex method
* Precoating surface inspection for contamination detection e.g. Ferroxyl or Copper Sulphate test and similar
* Coating thickness test – WFT (Wet Film Thickness)
* Coating thickness test – DFT (Dry Film Thickness)
* Degree of cure test
* Coating Adhesion test (coating Pull-off test)
* Film continuity test
* Holiday (high voltage porosity) test
* PMI on coatings – Detection of heavy elements e.g. Pb, Ti, etc
* Coating qualification test
* Coating mass thickness test
* UV Accelerated Weathering
* Salt Spray Test
* Galvanised coating inspection
* Cathodic disbondment test
* Failure investigation on coatings
* Third Party Inspection and expert witness for coatings
Coating Inspection Services for:
* Offshore structures, containers and shipment infrastructure
* Oil and Gas industry infrastructure
* Mining industry infrastructure
* Chemical and pharmaceutical infrastructure
* Pipelines, Process Piping, Storage tanks
* Heavy Highway and bridge, Railroad, Passenger Transportation heavy rain and light rail
* Water & Waste water Treatment
Other specific tests that we do:
* Testing and Analysis of two-component epoxy coating pipeline coatings
* Mix Ratio Analysis of Epoxy Resins
* Failure Analysis of Pipeline Coatings
* Testing of Epoxy Resins
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating based failure investigations and problem solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
• Epoxy Protective Coatings
• Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
• Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
• Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
• Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
• Abrasion resistant overcoat (ARO)
• Three-layer PE (3LPE)
• Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
• Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
• Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
• Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
• Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
• Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing and Optical Microscopy (OM)
• Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
-Assess porosity and voids
-Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes and meshes.