The Grenfell Tower fire was the worst UK residential fire since WWII. The fire spread rapidly as a result of flammable aluminium composite material (ACM) cladding. Since the disaster, ExcelPlas has been active in testing and identification of ACM cladding. Thousands of ACM samples from buildings around Australia have been analysed by ExcelPlas Cladding Testing. We are certified by the Insurance Council of Australia for identifying flammable cladding products.
ExcelPlas has the experience and expertise to guide and assist you to comply with the new combustible cladding laws by helping you identify, sample, test and prepare a cladding combustibility risk report.
The types of cladding testing conducted by ExcelPlas Cladding Testing Lab are:
– Testing of flammable cladding
– Testing of combustible cladding
– Testing of building cladding for flammability potential and combustibility risk
– Testing on architectural cladding for combustibility and flammability
– Testing on facade cladding to check flammability potential and composition
ExcelPlas also performs Positive Material Identification (PMI) and Combustibility Rating (CR) on architectural cladding such as:
– We have extensive experience with testing of polymers and polymeric building materials in our Advanced Analytical Laboratory – 25 years in business.
– As a Nationally Accredited Testing Laboratory (NATA certified), our technicians, equipment and quality system are monitored regularly for proficiency and compliance assuring that you can count on quality results every time.
– ExcelPlas Cladding Testing Lab conduct all our cladding testing in house unlike other labs that outsource testing to third party labs.
Is your cladding safe? Does your building need to comply with the combustible cladding regulations? Don’t leave it to chance!